Mission of UAV
The faculty, staff and coaches at UAV will work together to offer student-athletes the opportunity to showcase their character, pride, and strong desire for knowledge, and to pursue and demonstrate their abilities through a wide range of high quality athletics, classroom learning and community building activities.
UAV Athletics strives to be nationally recognized in all sports, consistently participating in post-season competition, earning recognition as a competitive athletic program, while also being recognized for academic excellence through outstanding graduation rates and scholastic honors. The athletic department will provide exceptional value to both the university and the Antelope Valley community by demonstrating pride and fostering relationships.
Priorities and Guiding Principles
The following principles shall guide the administration and implementation of the university’s intercollegiate athletics programs:
1. To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
2. To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
3. To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
4. To protect the health of, and provide a safe environment for, student-athletes.
5. To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches