Welcome future Pioneer!
We are excited that you are interested in visiting the campus. Before you do though, there are a few things you need to know. First, your campus visit cannot involve you missing school time unless you have approval from your school administration. Second, please connect with your future coach to arrange details of the visit. We want to provide you with the information you need to have an enjoyable and productive trip to Lancaster.
Now that the important information has been covered, let’s talk about your future trip. We currently offer five athletic programs at UAV - baseball, men's and women's cross country, softball, and women's soccer. Feel free to visit your future team’s page and look through its schedule.
If possible, try to schedule your trip so you can catch the Pioneers in action!
In order to make your trip as enjoyable as possible, we have compiled a list of information regarding the university and the surrounding town.
1. Location: The University of Antelope Valley is located at 44055 N. Sierra Hwy Lancaster, CA 93534. It is centrally located to many professional sporting venues and outdoor attractions in Southern California. For example, the university is approximately 70 miles from Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, and the Santa Monica beach pier, while also being only 50 miles from Mountain High Ski Resort. During your trip to campus, feel free to explore what the surrounding area has to offer.
2. Lodging: We recommend staying at the Oxford Inn & Suites in Lancaster. Located approximately 2.5 miles from main campus, 3 miles from Lancaster Municipal Stadium (baseball), 1.5 miles from the Big 8 Softball Complex (softball), and 6 miles from the Lancaster Soccer Center, Oxford Inn & Suites is perfectly located to help you maximize your Pioneer Athletic experience. It is centrally located to nearby restaurants, provides complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary evening appetizers and drinks, and presents guests with free wireless Internet. Not to mention, it is pet friendly.
For more lodging information click here.
3. Restaurants: There are numerous restaurants surrounding UAV. Whether you go north, south, east, or west, we're confident you'll find a restaurant you enjoy.
4. Activities: The Antelope Valley is home to many activities and events. Feel free to check Destination Lancaster for information regarding various events in the local and surrounding communities.
5. Campus Tours: While you are in town, we would love to show you our campus and introduce you to members of our admissions department. Please coordinate your trip with your prospective coach and we will schedule a time for you to tour the campus and see what UAV can truly offer.